…I find a poison bait or poisoned animal in the countryside
- Do not touch it and keep a safe distance!
- If I have pets or children around me, I keep them under close surveillance, so they won’t touch anything or eat any poisoned baits still left in the area.
- Take some photos.
- If possible, call at 1591 (Forestry Service), 100 (Police) or, if I am in a protected area, at the local NECCA Management Body and give as many details as possible, regarding the exact location of the incident.
- If possible, I remain at the spot until the authorities arrive.
- If I find a poisoned animal, which is still alive in the countryside, call one of the following Animal Rescue Centres for further guidance: